11.10.10

bitchin'

hey deuteronomy,


(I figured I'd punctuate my first lamp post [har! har!] with lame biblical references no one will get).


if bostonian is making literary love to her bike i think i should do the same.  in the form of a proper bitch--not about the beloved bike itself but about the parking situation at work.  because bitching on a blog is fun.


Ruby Belle Coen has only been a Coen for one week and already I've had an 'incident.'  and no, I'm not referring to my numerous crashes/fall-overs/near-hits/stuff-ups--which I openly advertise with pride (as a novice rider).  I'm bitching about the individual who found my vulnerable, new treasure in the carpark, tampered with my lock and broke it, presumably to steal the brand-new, retro-reproduction, [new] oldtimer easy rider.


who could blame them?  Ruby Belle is a burgundy beaut, with tan leather handles and white-rimmed wheels.  And a wire basket on the front that holds a smaller wicker basket that will get stolen if I ever actually try to use it.  And a clamp-style storage space on the back that the bike shop shopkeeper assured me would surely crush my veggies on the way home from the saturday markets.


In short, my adorable Ruby Belle (came with that name) is a golden-flecked (made-in-china) vehicle of perfection that get's me from A to B, is fun to ride, looks cool and makes me happy.


it's all perfect except for two issues.  (1) I thought that with the onset of the humid wet it would be more comfortable to ride around and feel a breeze rather than walk, like how a dog sticks his head out the car window to let the wind run through his hair, except that i was wrong; this town's wet season is hot no matter how you get around.  And (2) whoever tried to steal Ruby from the exposed, makeshift bike rack in the car park at work busted the lock-combination-mechanism and left me no choice but to cut it free.  the lock is broken but luckily bike is intact.  so really i shouldn't complain.  but like i said, complaining is fun.


next stop is u-lock city, and no-more-complaining town.  since I've still got this fantastic new ride that makes me super happy.  bottom line is

BIIIIICYCLE, BIIIIICYLE!  i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my biiiiiikkeee!


(and god said let there be bikes.  and there were bikes.  and he saw that they were good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment